Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Who rang that bell?

My dreams often include a varied cast of characters from my own life, in no particular combination. After another one of my restless nights brought on by a prolonged bout of bronchitis and very little sleep, I dreamt I was working at a vet clinic with the special task of distracting the rabbits from the call of the wild with a magic show. I was less than successful. I couldn't even get a volunteer from the audience. There were bunnies everywhere. The staff was very angry with me, including a familiar voice who yelled at me to "Stop asking so many questions and just put the GAWDAMN whoopee cushion on the chair!" So naturally, I sat up in bed, picked up the cell phone and placed in firmly in the cup of tea on the desk.

“I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can be together all the time.” Calvin and Hobbes

No comments:

Post a Comment